Breakfast time! As you know, I love Sunday brunch. This is flavourful feast which is a nice wake-me-up on a Sunday morning, not least because it has a blast of fresh red chilli. It is easy to make and delicious.
EGG AND CHORIZO BREAKFAST BURRITO
Ingredients (serves 2)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
small knob of butter
1 tsp fresh red chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 handfuls of spinach
2 flour tortillas
salt and pepper
- Chop the chorizo into small pieces. Leave some pieces as whole slices to serve on top of the eggs for a little extra bite. Place the chorizo in a pan and cook. The chorizo releases lots of oil which we will drizzle over the eggs before wrapping the burrito.
- Melt the butter in another pan. Season the eggs and add to the pan. Once the eggs are almost ready, add the small pieces of cooked chorizo and mix through. Keep the larger slices and oil to one side for now.
- Heat the tortillas until soft. I like to scorch them on the flame of the large ring on the cooker. This gives them a slight crisp and a smokey flavour. They only need about 20 seconds on each side. Be careful not to crisp them too much or else they will be difficult to wrap. If you prefer to use the oven or microwave, these work just as well.
- Once the tortillas are ready, place a handful of spinach in the centre of each tortilla. Put half of the eggs and chorizo on top. Place the larger slices of chorizo on the eggs and drizzle with some of the chorizo oil. Sprinkle with the chilli and coriander.
- Wrap the tortilla into a burrito and serve.
Freshly squeezed orange juice is a must with this. All that’s left to say then is buen provecho!